Every school and campus is a unique community-based platform with the vision of connecting students to a relationship with Christ Jesus. And to existing ministries, churches, and each other in order to propel them towards a gospel-centered mission as they navigate and engage culture during school or college, after school, and beyond.
The mission of our student ministry is to create and catalyze united movements that transform schools or colleges for Christ. By bringing students, campus outreach, and local churches together in prayer and evangelism, we strengthen the influence of the Body of Christ on campus and in schools. Every student must hear the gospel and make a decision to be a disciple of Christ. Every student is an agent of change and transformation in his or her own world.
It has been said that missionary work is the heartbeat of the church. We believe that is because missionaries’ work comes from the heart of God. He sent His Son, Jesus, to the earth on a mission for the redemption of humanity. Jesus has commissioned His disciples to join with Him in carrying the message of the gospel to the ends of the earth. In describing the events upon the earth preceding His second coming, Jesus said, “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the entire world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come (Matt. 24:14).” The aim of LMC Global Missions is to be faithful and do our part in spreading God’s message of hope in Jesus Christ throughout the student world in the places that He directs us in ministry.
THE MISSION STATEMENT OF STUDENT MINISTRY
The Ministry of LMC Global is to advance the Christian faith presence in schools, colleges, university campus and beyond by means of
- Promoting, supporting and maintaining Christian fellowship of student movements
- We seek to awaken and deepen personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and to further evangelistic work among students throughout the student world.
- Strengthen Christian fellowship and godly relationships among students in and out of campus life.
We want to nurture, train, and impart students to be living evidence of the gospel (a testimony of biblical faith), well equipped to creatively engage other students by sharing their faith in all schools and universities, and to take their place as the Christian or spiritual leader of tomorrow.
Our vision is to double the number of active, committed members of Christian community who are influencing their universities and societies for Christ. To achieve this vision, we adopted five key strategic plans of action, each of which has at its heart the aim of releasing student initiative. ∙
- Communicating the good news of Jesus Christ in word, action and through godly relationships ∙
- Strengthening leadership and personal development through training and equipping students and graduates to impact their university, church, society and their own world for Christ
- Promoting student-graduate integration so that students continue to live out their faith, sharing their faith with others and giving back to the student community beyond graduation ∙
- Addressing current global issues by responding to contemporary challenges from a Christian perspective
- Engaging the university constructively and boldly with carefully developed biblical worldviews to demonstrate the integration of faith, life, and academic disciplines
All aspects of LMC Global ministry are undergirded by three core commitments: scripture engagement, prayerforce, and community of disciples who believe in Christ Jesus as personal Lord and Savior, the integrity and trustworthiness of the Bible, and living the Christian life without fear.
God has a plan for student evangelization, and it is the local church. The way the LMC Global do missionary work in many places is through Faith Promises offerings and donations. Faith Promise is a method for monthly missions given by individuals or families through LMC Global. The Faith Promise Giving Plan follows a scriptural model of giving based on the apostolic method (I Cor. 16, 2 Cor. 8 & 9). In 2 Corinthians 8:3, we read how the Macedonian Christians gave to support the work of the ministry “according to their ability, yes, and beyond their ability.” To give beyond your ability is to give by faith.
A faith donation and offering is a commitment that, as God provides, the donor will give a specific amount on a monthly basis to the work of missions around the world. In making a commitment to faith giving, the individual should prayerfully consider the amount to promise that, by faith, they will personally trust the Lord to provide for them to give to missions each month. The faith-giving donation or offering is over and above your church tithes, and the amount is between the giver and the Lord. Faith-giving incorporates the dynamics of faith, love, commitment, and personal spiritual growth as the giver experiences God’s faithfulness while trusting in Him. By request, we have made Faith Promise giving available here, where the donor can give a one-time gift or set up a monthly plan of action.
Our Partners, Friends and Network