CHRISTIAN BUSINESS COMMUNITY NETWORK
Christian Business Community
“Connecting the world with Christ Centered Businesses”
We believe that together we can change the world through our faith in Jesus Christ. To do this effectively,, we must be willing to step forward, publicly declare our belief in our Lord,, and demonstrate our faith in our daily livess. Each of us must take our place as community business leaders who are light and salt where we are and profess our belief in the Son of God, Jesus Christ,, without shame. We must live the Word of God and demonstrate our belief in how we conduct our businesses with both believers and non-believers.
As business professionals, we are dedicated to bringing local Churcheses and Christian businesses together in an effective and professional manner that honors God. To do this,, we must connect Christian consumers with Christ-centered businesses through every means. In today’s market and economy, many Christians are looking for businesses that are honest and that that they can trust. They want a fair job for a fair price. But more than that, Christians want to know that the Cedi, Dollars, Euro, and Pounds they are spending are going back to serving the Lord’s purpose, whether through tithes, offerings, church planting, missions, etc.
Therefore, every Christian business community of people must maintain a high sense of trust. In addition, they must practice and follow a “Profession of Faith” and “Business Ethics Agreement at the marketplace.”
“I have received Jesus Christ as my personal savior, and believe that He is the only true begotten Son of God. I believe that unless a man be born again, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. It is my plan to live my life for His glory. I pledge to hold myself and my business to the highest biblical code of ethics in my transactions and to treat each client with the utmost respect and integrity.”
By this agreement and endowment of signing the “Profession of Faith” The business is actually making a statement of their true faith. This step is truly missing in secular business places. Also allowing the use of the “the Bible” in their workplace for daily devotion and prayer time. We also are the first to admit that a “Profession” of Faith is not the same as a “Possession” of Faith and needless to say, we are NOT the final judge, however, we believe it is our responsibility to do everything we can to ensure that the workforce or our team of staffs in our establishment and workforce are Christian in faith and in character but in the end,
1. To bring the gospel of Christ into the business community and marketplace by revealing and making Jesus Christ known and worshipped.
2. To build a global community of Christian business believers who know, love, and live for Christ Jesus alone. A community with a reputation for being trustworthy in character, professional in conduct, faithful in commitments, exceptional in service, and loyal to Christ
1. to explain and expand the teaching of the Bible to every businessman and woman in their workplace.
2. That the Christian business community will apply Biblical principles and be intelligent in honoring Christ Jesus and worshipping Him in the marketplace.
3. That the business community will live their faith to honor Christ Jesus in life, in family and at work.
4. That every Christian businessman and woman will see business as a mission to fulfill and an act of worship to God.
1. That the global business community of Christ-followers seeking to prosper in their professions, establish trustworthy connections, serve people with excellence, and maximize their God-given potential.
2. That they exist to enable God’s people to become thoroughly equipped, well connected, and fully empowered to serve people and represent Christ with integrity and excellence in the marketplace.
3. That the business community exists to accomplish this by providing them with valuable resources, networking opportunities, and world-class services to help them fulfill their calling and maximize their impact in the marketplace.
Values/Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct gives guidance as to what practices or actions are supported, and what practices are not condoned. It is not exhaustive and does not foresee every set of circumstances that may arise across a variety of community activities and events.
We commit ourselves to:
1. That the Christian Business people will uphold the truth of Scripture and apply this biblical truth in every area of what they do, want to do and are doing today .
2. That Christians business community will live and work maintaining strong theological and Biblical case to challenge the dominant secular view that businesses only exist to maximize short-term profits and shareholder wealth. While profits are a critical component and are necessary to secure the capital needed to serve the community, profits are not the reward instead they are the means.
3. That the Christian business community will “COMMIT THY WAYS TO THE LORD, TRUST ALSO IN HIM, AND HE SHALL BRING IT TO PASS” (Psalm 37:5).
4. That the Christian business community will partner with Christian organizations and local churches to support global evangelism and missions with their substance, profit,, and other godly means to advance Christ’s kingdom here on earth until all have heard the gospel.
5. That we commit ourselves to the standard of responsible and ethical behavior that is expected of a faith community and which will bring honor and glory to God.
6. That we accept the fact that working with Christians, and working to reflect Christian values, means that we are responsible for striving to act as Christ perfectly demonstrated.
7. However, we also acknowledge that there is a diversity of thought regarding how we live out a Kingdom calling in and through business.
8. That the Code of Conduct is underpinned by the trust and belief that everyone should be treated with respect and dignity.
Who Are We
We exist to equip and partner with the Christian business community so that they can meaningfully and practically live out their marketplace calling anywhere.
We impact the Christian business community and seek to inspire and equip others to do the same.
We seek to work to promote the common good of the Christian faith. We believe that together we can have a tremendous impact for God’s Kingdom by widening the community of those that consider and act upon their Christian values in and through their business.
We seek to move alongside each other to discover God’s purpose and, at the same time, journey together to find divine wisdom in all we do.
The Unique Calling
We believe that as Christian business leaders, we have been called to:
1. Influence: not just to generate profits and thereby financially support other redemptive influences in society, but to also have a redemptive influence in and through doing business.
2. Steward: To be redemptive stewards of the capital entrusted to us and the influence it affords us.
3.Shape: To shape our business and industry practices to reflect the nature and character of God (to be salt and light).
4. Inspire: To inspire others to take up this marketplace callings that together we can creatively and positively change culture and lead the way in building a flourishing and just society.
5. Recognize: To recognize that all of the above can only flow from an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as our personal Redeemer.
Maximize Your Potential to Excel at Your Profession
The Five Cs
Connection: with Christian professionals to prosper in your profession, make trustworthy connections, serve people with excellence, and maximize your God-given potential.
Communication: with Christian professionals to become thoroughly equipped, well connected, and fully empowered to serve people and to represent Christ with integrity, love, and excellence.
Collaboration: work with Christian professionals and gain access to valuable resources, networking opportunities, and world-class services that will maximize your potential to succeed and be different.
Congregation: with Christian professionals known to be trustworthy in character, professional in conduct, faithful in commitments, exceptional in service, and loyal to Christ.
As a Christian business community, our conduct is underpinned by the following values:
Collaboration and co-creation
Humility and integrity
Skillful and diligent work
The Code of Conduct